II. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
A. Information You Provide to Us:
In using our Website, you may provide us with limited Information, including, without limitation:
- Contact information such as name, email address, postal address and telephone number(s);
- Business email address; and/or
- Any other information you choose to provide us by way of a message box or other means.
B. Information We May Automatically Collect About You:
Our Website may automatically collect Information about you from your visit to our Website. We use this Information to help us design our site to better suit our users’ needs. This Information may include:
- IP address, which is the number associated with the service through which you access the Internet, like your ISP (Internet service provider);
- Date and time of your visit or use of our Website;
- Domain server from which you are using our Website;
- Type of computer, web browsers, search engine used, operating system, or platform you use;
- Data identifying the web pages you visited prior to and after visiting our website or use of our Website;
- Your movement and activity within the website, which is aggregated with other information;
- Geo-location information through the use of any of our mobile applications;
- Mobile device information, including the type of device you use, operating system version, and the device identifier (or “UDID”); and
- Mobile application identification and behavior, use, and aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from.
1. Cookies & Technologies Used to Collect Information About You
We collect the above Information directly and through the use of third parties. We collect this Information by using certain technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. You can find more information about Cookies and other tracking technologies we use in our Cookie Notice here.
- Our Website may deploy cookies, but they may be executed by third parties such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, and other ad networks. For more information about third-party cookies and related advertising and how to opt-out of these practices with companies participating in industry self-regulation, please visit About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info or the Network Advertising Initiative at http://optout.networkadvertising.org.
- Flash Cookies. We may use local shared objects, also known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences such as volume control or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Third parties, with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity, use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies please visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html#117118.
- Web Beacons. Website pages may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). We also use these technical methods to analyze the traffic patterns on the Website, such as the frequency with which our users visit various parts of the Website. These technical methods may involve the transmission of Information either directly to us or to a third party authorized by us to collect Information on our behalf.
- Our Website uses retargeting pixels from Google, Facebook and other ad networks. Please visit their websites for their privacy policies and consent and opt-out mechanisms, or visit sites that may help block ad tracking, such as About Ads at http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- We also use web beacons in HTML emails that we send to determine whether the recipients have opened those emails and/or clicked on links in those emails.
- Analytics are tools we use, such as Google Analytics, to help provide us with information about traffic to our Website, which Google may share with other services and websites who use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- You can opt-out of having your activity on the Website made available to Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout) for your web browser.
- Mobile Application Technologies. If you access our Website through a mobile device, we may automatically collect information about your device, your phone number, and your physical location. You may opt-out of tracking and receiving tailored advertisements on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at aboutads.info/appchoices.
- Opting Out of Targeting & Do Not Track. We, or third parties with whom we collaborate or contract with to perform services on our behalf, may use your Information to text, email, or contact or share with you information that we believe may be useful to you, such as information about products or services provided by or through us through permissible targeted advertisements or related to our Website. You may opt-out of receiving permissible targeted advertisements by using the NAI Opt-out tool available at http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
Some users engage a Do Not Track (DNT) setting to indicate a preference regarding tracking by advertisers and other parties. Our Website does not respond to DNT signals.
C. Information We May Receive from Third Parties
We may collect additional Information about you from third-party websites, social media platforms, such as, but not limited, to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn (“Social Media Platform”), and/or sources providing publicly-available information (e.g., from the U.S. postal service) to help us provide services to you, help prevent fraud, and for marketing and advertising purposes.
Information we may access about you, with your consent, may include, but is not limited to, your basic Social Media Platform information, your location data, your list of contacts, friends or followers and certain information about your activities on the Social Media Platform. Please keep in mind that when you provide Information to us on a third-party website or platform (for example, via our applications), the Information you provide may be separately collected by the third-party website or the Social Media Platform.
III. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
A. Use and Purpose of Processing Your Information
We use and process your Information for things that may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide you with services and related products, newsletters, and information you request;
- To respond to your inquiries and provide you with requested information and other communications, including by email or text messages, and including alerts, notification of promotions, contests, and events;
- For marketing and advertising purposes, including sending you promotional material or special offers on our behalf or on behalf of our marketing partners and/or their respective affiliates and subsidiaries and other third parties, provided that you have not already opted-out of receiving such communications;
- To fulfill contracts we have with you;
- To manage, improve and foster relationships with third-party service providers, including vendors, suppliers, and parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and business partners;
- Maintain, improve, customize, or administer the Website, perform business analyses, or other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Website, resolve technical problems, or improve security or develop other products and services;
- Comply with our Terms & Conditions;
- Analytics for business purposes and business intelligence;
- Comply with any applicable laws and regulations and respond to lawful requests; and/or
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your Information and/or pursuant to your
B. Sharing Your Information
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Information with third-party service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Website, provide products and services, manage databases, perform analyses, process credit card payments, provide customer service, or send communications for us). These third-party service providers are authorized to use your Information only as necessary to provide these services to us. In some instances, we may aggregate Information we collect so third parties do not have access to your particular Information to identify you individually.
- Disclosure of Information for Legal and Administrative Reasons. We may disclose your Information without notice: (i) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or other legal process; (ii) to cooperate or undertake an internal or external investigation or audit; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your Information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of us, our subsidiaries and affiliates and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the Website users; (v) to enforce or apply our Terms & Conditions; and (vi) to verify the identity of the user of our Website.
- Business Transfers. Your Information may be transferred, sold or otherwise conveyed (“Conveyed”) to a third party where we: (i) merge with or are acquired by another business entity; (ii) sell all or substantially all of our assets; (iii) are adjudicated bankrupt; or (iv) are liquidated or otherwise reorganize. You agree to any and all such Conveyances of your Information.
- Information Shared with our Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates. If you do not want us to share your Information with our subsidiaries and affiliates, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Online Communications. If you correspond with us by email, questionnaires, surveys, social media, or other digital online platform, we may retain such correspondence and the Information contained in it and use it to respond to your inquiry.
IV. LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
Our Website may contain links to other websites or services that are not owned or controlled by us, including links to Social Media Platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn, or may redirect you off our Website to other websites for information or services.
This Policy only applies to Information collected on our Website. We are not responsible for the privacy and security practices of those other websites or Social Media Platforms or the Information they may collect (which may include IP address). You should contact such third parties directly to determine their respective privacy policies. Links to any other website’s or content do not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by us of the linked website, Social Media Platform, and/or content.
V. INFORMATION SECURITY
We use industry-standard procedures and various technical, administrative and physical safeguards to help protect the confidentiality of your Information. However, you should assume that no data transmitted over the Internet or stored or maintained by us or our third-party service providers can be 100% secure. We do not promise or guarantee, and you should not expect, that your Information or private communications will always remain private or secure. We do not guarantee that your Information will not be misused by third parties. You agree that we will not have any liability for misuse, access, acquisition, deletion, or disclosure of your Information.
If you believe that your Information has been accessed or acquired by an unauthorized person, you shall promptly Contact Us so that necessary measures can quickly be taken.
VI. DATA RETENTION
We will retain your Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Information to provide you services, please contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Information you have submitted to us. We are under no obligation to store such Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Information.
VII. OUR RIGHT TO CONTACT YOU
You agree that we may communicate with you regarding our services via electronic messages, including email, text message, or mobile push notification to, for example, send you information relating to our products and services that we think may be of interest to you, communicate with you about contests, offers, promotions, rewards, upcoming events, and other news about products and services offered by us, our parent companies, our subsidiaries, our affiliates, and other business partners. See Your Choices, below, for how you can update the way we contact you.
VIII. YOUR CHOICES
- By using our Website, you agree that we may contact you by email as set forth herein. If you do not want to receive marketing and promotional emails from us, you may click on the “unsubscribe” link in the email to unsubscribe and opt-out of marketing email communications or Contact Us.
- Mobile Push Notifications. By using our Website, you agree that we may contact you by calling or sending messages to your phone. You can use the settings on your mobile device to enable or turn off mobile push notifications from us or Contact Us.
- Text Messages. By using our Website, you agree to be reached by text message. If you no longer want to receive text messages from us, reply STOP (or as otherwise instructed) in the text message or Contact Us.
- Cookie Choices. To exercise choices regarding cookies set through our Website, as well as other types of online tracking and internet advertising, see our Cookies Noticefor more details or Contact Us.
- Location Choices. You can change the privacy settings of your device at any time to turn off the sharing of this location information with our Services. If you choose to turn off location services, this could affect certain features or services of our Services. If you have specific questions about the privacy settings of your device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your device or your mobile service provider for help.
- Notice to Certain Residents. In addition to the above methods of exercising choice, to the extent required by applicable law or as otherwise noted in the Notices to Certain Residents, Section X below, we may provide you with additional choices regarding the processing of your Information, which you may exercise by contacting us as detailed in the “How to Contact Us” section, below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law.
IX. ACCESSING, CORRECTING, OR DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
Upon request, subject to certain exceptions and limitations, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Information and will provide you access to that Information.
We encourage you to review, update, and correct Information that we maintain about you, and you may request that we delete Information about you that is inaccurate, incomplete, or irrelevant.
To access, correct, or delete your Information contact us at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail: SDI International
Attn: Privacy Office
1000 Corporate Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33334
- Call us toll free at: 1-800-850-4222
X. NOTICE TO CERTAIN RESIDENTS
A. Persons in the European Union or European Economic Area
1. Your Rights
- Restrict the way that we process and share your personal data;
- Transfer your personal data to a third party;
- Revoke your consent for processing of your personal data;
- Provide you with access to your personal data;
- Remove your personal data if no longer necessary for the purposes collected;
- Update your personal data so it is correct and not out of date; and/or
- Object to our processing of your personal data.
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: SDI International
Attn: Privacy Office
1000 Corporate Drive
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33334
- Call us toll free at: 1-800-850-4222
The requests above will be considered and responded to in the time-period stated by applicable law. Note, certain Information may be exempt from such requests. We may require additional information from you to confirm your identity in responding to such requests. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities applicable to you and your situation, although we invite you to contact us with any concern as we would be happy to try and resolve it directly. Please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, write us at SDI International, Attn: Privacy Office, 1000 Corporate Drive, Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33334, or call us at 1-800-850-4222.
2. Lawful Basis for Processing Your Information
- In order for us to administer our contractual relationship, including setting up or responding to any services you may request;
- Because it is in our legitimate interest to effectively and efficiently operate our business and provide you with the services offered through the Website and other useful content and for other marketing, design, and advertising purposes;
- In order for us to process employee data, prevent against fraud, provide technology security, and other necessary Company operational matters;
- In order to fulfill any legal obligations, we may have to collect this Information from you; and/or
- Because you have provided your consent for us to do so.
B. Consent to Transfer
Our Website is operated in the United States. Please be aware that Information, including personal data, that we collect will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States, a jurisdiction in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen. We collect and transfer to the U.S. only Information, including personal data: with your consent; to perform a contract with you; or to fulfill a compelling legitimate interest of SDI International in a manner that does not outweigh your rights and freedoms.
C. California Residents
If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (“Shine the Light Law”) permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To obtain this information, please Contact Us as detailed in the “How To Contact Us” section, below, with “Request for California Privacy Information” in the subject line of the email or, if sent by postal mail, in the body of your message. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the Shine the Light Law requirements and only information on covered sharing will be included in our response.
XI. CHILDREN’S INFORMATION
The Website is intended only for users over the age of eighteen (18). If we become aware that a user is under thirteen (13) (or a higher age threshold where applicable) and has provided us with Information, we will take steps to comply with any applicable legal requirement to remove such Information. Contact us if you believe that we have mistakenly or unintentionally collected Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13).
XIII. HOW TO CONTACT US
Last Updated on: March 22, 2019