Business Sustainability. Sustainable Results.
SDI is a certified U.S. minority- and woman-owned corporation, and has been the winner of the “National Minority Supplier of the Year,” as well as an honored recipient of many globally recognized accolades. SDI’s executive management recognizes the vital importance of diversity and inclusion, driving these issues not only internally throughout the company’s divisions and subsidiaries, but also in the community (evident in our active advocacy efforts as a long-standing corporate member of and frequent speaker at the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the U. S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC) and their regional and local chapters). This policy is also supported through our supply chain and our Diversity-to-Diversity program (that links corporations to ideal diverse suppliers), down to the suppliers we manage, who are screened for viability and guided through certification and insurance processes to guarantee their success within the global marketplace.
Outreach Proof Points and Acknowledgements:
- President/CEO Carmen Castillo named Business Woman of the Year by the U. S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Winner, National Minority Supplier of the Year
- Member, Board of Directors, United States Hispanic of Commerce
- Member, United National Diversity Panel
- Member, Board of Directors, Women’s Business Development Council of Florida (WBDC).